Monday, November 1

After the Sugar Bender

Last week was a crazy mix of Halloween parties, trick-or-treating, birthday parties and participation in a craft market. Add a three-day sugar bender and you've got one exhausted girl with the Monday blues. Meh.

I need to rejuvenate, which can be a frugal and thrifty endeavor. Afterall, thrifty isn't just about price. It's also about judicious use of time and taking care of yourself.

Some of my favorite pampering rituals:

Cool cucumber slices or chamomile teabags soaked in cool water placed on weary puffy eyes. The key word here is cool; you can ultimately use anything you like. I prefer the teabags.



If you use cucumbers, you may as well eat the rest and rehydrate.

A warm bath is frugal luxury. Add your favorite bath salt or some lavender essential oil, sit back and relax. After the kiddos go to bed, of course.


A facial mask whipped up at home is also in order. Rose Oil and Honey Facial Mask rejuvenates and replenishes the skin. Recipe from the National Honey Board.

2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons sweet almond oil
5 drops essential oil of rose
1 drop vitamin E oil

Mix ingredients and massage onto clean face and neck with fingertips. Relax for 15 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Gently pat dry.


It's okay to indulge and take care of yourself. Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. That sounds good right now. Did salon sales for the first time today and I am BEAT. Teabags over the eyes and a face mask would be soooo lovely.

    -Alexandra Dare
    http://lafemmenotoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it sound great? I confess that I haven't taken my own advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, a lot of us don't, darling. Do as I say and not as I do -_-

    ReplyDelete