Thursday, November 4

Deals of the Day

This morning I've been trolling the 'net for deals you shouldn't miss.

First up, Half-Yearly Sale for Women & Kids at Nordstrom. Savings include, 50% off true religion jeans40% off Nine West boots35% off August Hat caps - 40% off Tory Burch clothing - 33% off Kate Spade jewelry. Delish.


A quick and gentle (ugh, I sound like Martha) lesson on Nordstrom. I literally grew up there. Excursions for shoes started when I was young. Then my mom worked for Nordstrom when I was in middle and high school. I'm sure my dad appreciated the nice discount. He'd always ask, "How much did it cost?" We'd reply, "It was on sale." "But how much did it cost?"

Back to the lesson. As a college freshman a friend who worked at Nordstrom gave me the skinny on the company's name. "It's always Nordstrom, never Nordstrom's or Nordstroms. You wouldn't say Steinways, would you?" It's a common mistake.

Other deals today - JCrew 25% off orders of $150 or more - tees 2 for $30 at Junk Gypsy - Naartjie, always available at a reasonable price - power capes at zulily - Oprah's Great Deal of the Day. You get the picture. Deals are all over the place and yours for the taking.

Get to it people!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I love me some Nordstrom :) And you're right, I have quite often heard people call it "Nordstroms." Huh. Not sure why.

    -Alexandra Dare
    http://lafemmenotoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my quirky pet peeves. I couldn't stop myself from writing it. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete