Saturday, October 9

Calamity Jane

My very own vintage cowgirl boots.


I've been looking for a decent, inexpensive pair for ages. Not that I haven't drooled over vintage designer boots at Junk Gypsy and a great place in Aspen, although, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the shop. Should have taken a photo; it was a very cool store. And Junk Gypsy is fab, too. They specialize in new pieces as well as reused materials fashioned into home decor and jewelry. Vintage boots, belts and coats are featured, too. Said boots, at both locations, are priced appropriately for collectors items, but I just can't do it. They're in the $200 to $500 range.

So, I looked for the next best thing - vintage boots at a reasonable price.



I found them at Coco's Closet in Boulder and scored them for a mere $20. Coco's is a cute shop full of great stuff with prices that can't be beat. The boots are made by acme, an affordable brand. Regardless of the manufacturer, however, I love the worn-in look and the very slight flash of gold. Just enough to make them fun.

I shop in other great consignment shops in Boulder, too. More to come on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment