Saturday, October 16

Get Your Motor Runnin'

Today I woke to a clear, crisp fall morning. It's gotten me thinking about a romantic drive down a winding road surrounded by fall color. Sigh.

This thrifty girl keeps a lid on the costs by taking a day trip instead of a weekend away, and packs a picnic lunch complete with a thermos of hot, cinnamon-y, apple cider.

The drive would be even better in a vintage Porsche.


One of my husband's colleagues is the lucky owner of this gorgeous 1968 Porsche 911 (sorry I can't improve the photo - I've tried and tried). It was handed down from her father and has only 16,000 miles. Tres magnifique! The going rate is around $50,000. Needless to say, I will NOT be getting one of these in the foreseeable future. It's nice to imagine having one, though. And Sally is the next best thing.

PS - a romantic drive in the country will not happen for me today. Roo's soccer game is smack-dab in the middle of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment