Tuesday, October 26

Halloween Day 2 - Treats

Halloween really is one of the best holidays. You can decorate, dress-up and make creepy, delicious, delectable food.

Our stop today is epicurious. I'm intrigued by the Black and Orange Halloween Pasta; there's just something about black food on Halloween.


Cookies are another great treat; also in black.


Tarantula Cookies. The sprinkles look pretty good to me.

The Caviar Moons look pretty darn good, too.


Halloween is the only day of the year I'll eat black food other than licorice and poppy seeds.

Speaking of candy. . .handmade is where it's at.


I think the Monster Pops look hilarious. Perfect for kids of any age.

And I certainly can't resist peanut butter paired with chocolate. The Halloween Peanut Butter and Toffee Candy Bar fits the bill.


On to pumpkin flavors. Pumpkin Seed Brittle is for those with more refined taste and looks easy to make, especially for home candy makers.


Sugar cookies are always fun, too. The Glowing Jack-o'-Lantern Cookies remind me of making "stained glass" cookies as a kid.



On the savory end of the spectrum, we have Warm Pumpkin Salad with Polenta and Candied Pumpkin Seeds.


And last, but not least, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Boulder Locavore has shared the best recipe ever. Now, if I could just get my kids to pull the gunk out of the pumpkins. . .


I hope you've enjoyed the food tour; I know I have. I feel a serious candy craving coming on!

2 comments:

  1. monster pops, awesome!
    Thanks for all these great treats, now if I only had the time to make them.

    ReplyDelete