Sunday, October 10

In Season

Fall colors are everywhere. Every day I pass several farm stands laden with squash of all varieties. Butternut, acorn, pumpkin. Even the names have a richness about them.

Preparing and enjoying foods that are in season is smart and thrifty. You get the freshest possible items which require very few ingredients to make the produce shine.



I picked up some acorn squash on Friday in hopes that my kids and husband would eat it. I sliced the squash in half lenghwise, then into 1-inch semi-circles. Next, I tossed it with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and fresh ground pepper. Finally, I sprinkled of butter and brown sugar on top and put it in a 350-degree oven for about an hour. It took me all of 5 minutes to prepare and the results were divine.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment