Monday, October 11

The Liberry

You read that correctly. My husband and I jokingly refer to the public library as the liberry. It's amazing how many people pronounce the word incorrectly; especially in my son's second grade class.

I'm a big fan of the library. First, I'm kind of a book geek. Second, how can you beat free books? Okay, they're not entirely free since we pay taxes to fund public libraries. But it seems free when I check out books.


Don't, however, return your books after the due date. I've been caught in that trap before and had to pay some serious fines (they were books that my son misplaced!). At least they cap it at the full price of the book. NOT thrifty.

New books are an especially good deal; hardcovers are always more expensive than paperbacks. I was on the waiting list for almost two months for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I am seriously OCD about the Millenium Trilogy. So sad that Larsson died without finishing the ten books he planned for the series. I plan to watch the films based on the books, but I have to make sure that I'm awake and focused in order to keep up with the Swedish subtitles (on Netflix Instant - yay!). A Hollywood version is planned, although I can't see Daniel Craig as Blomkvist. I think he's a great actor - the best James Bond ever - but just can't see him as the character.

Back to the books. . .When I checked out the above, I got a book for my husband as well.


I haven't read the book, but hubby enjoyed it and found the information useful. Incidentally, Jim Collins lives here in Boulder. Jon Krakauer, the author of Into Thin Air, lives here, too. Never know who you'll find in Boulder.

I'm sure I'll write more on books in the future; can't help but love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment